Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet seat leaking .....

Options
  • 26-09-2013 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

My Toilet seat is leaking at the bottowm where it has been screwed down on to tiles... Can a plumber fix this or do I just need to get new screws? Sorry, not my area of expertise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Oscars Mum

Apologies, Its not the seat but the base where it is screwed.... Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

If its the base (pan) then its cracked and can't be fixed, but it more likely the cistern above it or the connection at the back, you will need to dry it all off and look again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

New screws are not going to fix the leak , these are only securing the pan to the floor , check and see if the multiwik is leaking when flushed , this is the connection at the back of the toilet where the waste exits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

sullzz wrote: »
    New screws are not going to fix the leak , these are only securing the pan to the floor , check and see if the multiwik is leaking when flushed , this is the connection at the back of the toilet where the waste exits
    And Also check where the tank sits on the back of the toilet pan (seat ! ) you have a big O ring rubber seal inbetween them.
    You need to take the toilet apart if so, to redo the connection, check that the two wing nuts holding them together are fairly tight behind toilet bowl/pan/seat firstly.
    Very douthfull that the leak is at the screws.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Oscars Mum

Thank you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

In about 16 years I've seen about 7 toilets leak ... As in the bowl itself. They've mostly been new toilets though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    In about 16 years I've seen about 7 toilets leak ... As in the bowl itself. They've mostly been new toilets though

Mine always has yellow stains around it !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

scudo2 wrote: »

That's something else that's leaking!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭jimf

scudo2 wrote: »

bad aim there boss me thinks :eek::eek::eek:

good dribbler did you play the ould soccer then

Advertisement