Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ice dome owned by dkit

Options
  • 26-09-2013 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if this is true that dkit have brought the ice dome?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Think I saw something on FB about them buying that whole complex, but the article (from the Dundalk paper) said the ice rink wouldn't be opening, at least for the moment. Read it a few weeks ago so the details are a bit hazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

That would be great! Although I see the IIHA president issued a retraction on the article (on a post from the IIHA FB page) that sparked this as he said the Dundalk article had taken some of his statements out of context, or something like that. Hate to be a pessimist (and hope I'm wrong!) but refuse to believe it until I can skate on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Wisco wrote: »
    That would be great! Although I see the IIHA president issued a retraction on the article (on a post from the IIHA FB page) that sparked this as he said the Dundalk article had taken some of his statements out of context, or something like that. Hate to be a pessimist (and hope I'm wrong!) but refuse to believe it until I can skate on it.

I believe it's open to tender and the new owners want to keep the building as is ie a rink, so all being well we'll have public skating sessions again in Dundalk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement