Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can these boots be saved?

Options
  • 26-09-2013 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi,

I've a pair of boots that I've had for ages and are in good nick apart from the back of one boot which has separated from the heel. I've brought it to a cobbler and he glued it back but it has separating again.

Is there anything else that can be done to fix this? I don't mind paying 40-50e as they are expensive and perfect apart from that.

I live in Dublin City.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 lmos

I would suggest bringing to a different cobbler. There is a specific glue, gorilla glue, they use thats very strong that should work..u could ask them about it...same happened to mine...they have never lifted again..Im not in Dublin tho so cant recommend a cobbler there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

There is a good cobbler in the lane behind BT2 between Grafton Street and Dawson Street (but running parallel to both iykwim). It's a tiny little place. I had a similar problem and a cobbler took up the insole and nailed it from the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭loomk

WhyTheFace wrote: »
    Hi,

I've a pair of boots that I've had for ages and are in good nick apart from the back of one boot which has separated from the heel. I've brought it to a cobbler and he glued it back but it has separating again.

Is there anything else that can be done to fix this? I don't mind paying 40-50e as they are expensive and perfect apart from that.

I live in Dublin City.

Thanks

The cobbler in Jervis shopping centre (go up the escalators and he's to the left is amazing) he fixed a pair of my boots that were in my opinion too far gone! He also did an amazing job on my boyfriends expensive shoes before a job interview the other week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

The Euro Shops have shoe glue for this very purpose and for only €2!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 Miss Behaviour

loomk wrote: »
    The cobbler in Jervis shopping centre (go up the escalators and he's to the left is amazing) he fixed a pair of my boots that were in my opinion too far gone! He also did an amazing job on my boyfriends expensive shoes before a job interview the other week.

I used them too! Think they were called Top Shoe repairs or something like that. I had a gorgeous pair of boots from ALDO that I just couldn't let go. I was convinced they were beyond saving... but he did an amaaaazing job!

• Advertisement
Advertisement