Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bet on event but no market available?

Options
  • 26-09-2013 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hi All,

I placed a bet last week in my local paddy power shop, but when i got home i checked online and there was no odds offered for the bet i put on. Basically, on the docket i wrote "evening greyhounds, coventry and romford, trap 3 to win the trap challenge". When i got home online they were only offering a trap challenge market for sunderland and swindon.

My question is, do i get my stake refunded as there was no market, or do i get paid out as a winner (trap 3 won the bet i put on)?

Assuming i get my money back as a void bet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

why not call into the shop and ask ( or contact paddy power)

might sound stupid but the people on boards may not know the internal policies of Paddy Power in this type of situation.

as far as I'm concerned - you placed a bet ... bet won (and PP usually can give a price if you dont see a market available)

bring your docket in - pass it over and ask - did I win (or just wait till they say it did/didnt win)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I've never seen Coventry in the Top Trap Challenge?
    AFAIK it's always the Bags or Begs meetings and (open to correction here), don't think Coventry's part of that set up.
    If it was the Top Trap Challenge and they didn't have Coventry, I'd say it's a bet on whatever the 2 meetings were, irrespective of what you wrote on the docket.
    Check the Sunderland results and see did Trap 3 win over both Sunderland and Romford meetings.
    If it did look for the winnings, if it didn't look for your money back.

Advertisement