Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Pre-Ordering? Thoughts?

Options
  • 25-09-2013 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    About to pre-order a number of games on amazon (.uk obviously :P ). They seem to be incredibvly cheap for brand new games, so I'm wondering if I'll have to pay for them now, and once they're out, pay another sum? Like pre ordering all games? Or, once I've paid this amount, that's all I have to pay?
    For example:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00844SQ5K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
    This seems to be incredibly good value, you see my point?
    Any help will be appreciated!
    And sorry if this is in the wrong section :P

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

You don't pay until the item dispatches on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

mayordenis wrote: »
    You don't pay until the item dispatches on Amazon

So, in that time, the item could shoot upin price right?
    Or will I still be paying the same amount of money?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Eoghan S wrote: »

You get charged at the time of dispatch, and you get the lowest price the item was ever listed at between the time you place your order and the time it gets sent out to you, even if it's listed at a higher price when you are charged.

For example, I ordered Grand Theft Auto V a few weeks before it was released, at which point it was £35. Sometime between then and the day of release it dropped to £32 and then back up to the current listing of £42. So my account was charged £32 because that was the lowest price between order and dispatch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Eoghan S wrote: »

They have a price guarentee, you are only charged whatever is the lowest price between the time you place the order and when it ships. For example, you preorder today at £40, the price drops next week to £35 but later goes up to £45 just before release. Your are charged £35 when it is released and ships.

That is absolutely amazing value, thanks amillion lads :)
    Now to spend a fortune on all thenew releases ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

On the topic of new release preorders, I see that Batman Arkham Origins is on Amazon for only €35, sure to be at least a tenner cheap than the likes of GameStop.

Jikashi wrote: »
    On the topic of new release preorders, I see that Batman Arkham Origins is on Amazon for only €35, sure to be at least a tenner cheap than the likes of GameStop.

Exactly my thoughts!
    But Batman is one game I won't bother getting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just on the topic of delivery, i pre-ordered GTA-5 about a month before release, as said alread you pay the lowest price it was, but it came out on the tuesday and it was delivered on the wednesday and that was using the free super saver post that states 4-5 working days :pac:

So it would happily pre-order from them again, that said at those prices I was actually willing to wait 5 days/week for GTA given the price !!!!!

Advertisement