Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wish to close account and delete content

Options
  • 25-09-2013 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I wish to permanently close my boards.ie account, but I would like all of my posts / contributions to be deleted also.

How do I go about this?

Much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

We don't do mass deletes, so the in general the posts are staying unless there's valid reason to remove them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Well, mainly to do with privacy issues, but also the terms and conditions, I don't wish to be held liable for any content over the entire course of my membership, and wish to withdraw contributions based on the terms and conditions and the indemnity I hold over my posts.

It's nothing against Boards.ie or anything, just a personal decision, I would like to have my content removed as I "own it" and any related account information.

I hope it's not too much hassle, but would very much appreciate it if it could be done for me.

Thanks again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Privacy issues would be a valid grounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Cool, thank you.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

From the Boards Terms of Use:
    Please do not post any information you are not happy to leave up indefinitely. In order to ensure that threads and conversations are not disrupted, we do not generally remove Material which is uploaded to us. Consequently, you agree that your Material displayed on boards.ie may continue to appear on boards.ie, even after you have terminated your user privileges or have had your user privileges terminated by boards.ie.
    Whatever about deleting a few posts that may contain information that could identify you publicly, I'm afraid we're simply not in a position to delete over 8,000 posts going back up to 12 years.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement