Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance

Options
  • 25-09-2013 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

Not looking for an insurance quote as I know its impossible to give, and will get in contact with insurance companies if ever serious about buying a car.

At the moment though to establish if I can afford a car or not I am trying to get an idea of insurance prices online, but most companies cant give me an online quote.

Reason for this is because I am a (nearly) 27 year old South African national, resident in Ireland nearly a year. I will be exchanging my SA license for an Irish license in the next week.

My question is, do they take my 9 years driving experience on my SA license into account or will I be starting from scratch, as far as insurance is concerned?

I know they dont take my 4 years NCB in SA into account, which to me is a bit unreasonable. It also counts against me that I didnt get my license in Ireland, which is a bit unreasonable too, since a SA license is regarded as equal to an Irish license (thus being able to exchange it).

Advertisement