Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BPB]Boards Photobook 2013 - Discussion

Options
  • 25-09-2013 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭

After the fantastic 2012 book, who's up for making the 2013 Boards Photography Book an even bigger success??

This thread is to discuss - throw out some ideas on what you would do differently (if anything) - book format, launch type, print auction vs print swap - other ideas?

We would also love to get some help - if anyone has a contact in the print world and would like to get quotes, or of anyone would like to source an alternative venue (check out all of our options) - then please shout now :)

Having said that, to date we have been so fortunate with our printers and our launch venue - it is always good to see what the alternatives are!

Same "payment up front" scenario as last year - worked really well for the organisers and meant a much smoother delivery process!
    Let's discuss!

THIS IS NOT A SIGN ME UP THREAD - PURELY FOR DISCUSSION ONLY!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

We better hurry getting this dicussion to an end - time is tight ;)

The advantage of the venue is obviously that we get it for free. The disadvantage (for me) is, that I always get a heart attack frearing the place could get wrecked ;)

I liked the photoswap we did - I still look at the one I got and am happy. Not sure if a print auction would be too much hassle?? Even though maybe worth the hassle...

I'm happy with the print quality and for years we're now looking for an alternative who is willing to deal with our conditions. So unless someone knows someone (personally) I'm not sure if it makes sense to search?

So basically I have no alternative suggestion for printer nor venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

I've taken part in the last 3 books and have found the quality to be more than acceptable, so my suggestion is that if the production price is same as last year, stick with the same printer.

The only thing I can think would be nice to add, would be if the book name/year could be printed on the spine of the book.

Also, many thanks to the team for the work they've done over the years!

dave66 wrote: »
    The only thing I can think would be nice to add, would be if the book name/year could be printed on the spine of the book.

Actually very good suggestion. The first two (vial Blurb) had that...So hopefully Shakespeare can do that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Will certainly ask about that - would be nice!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm here to help too. Obviously very busy but shout if you need anything from me or the site!! TY so much, last year was a bumper year and we did TONS of great stuff with the money. Big updated thread coming on the projects too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

\o/

We need a volunteer to design this year's book - DarrenG has done a great job in the last couple of years but isn't able to take it on again this year. He will be able to handover all the details/etc.

Anyone interested?

This is not a problem :)

Cork_girl wrote: »
    We need a volunteer to design this year's book - DarrenG has done a great job in the last couple of years but isn't able to take it on again this year. He will be able to handover all the details/etc.

Anyone interested?

I *might* be ok to take over. If Darren can give me some sort of idea how much time is involved - for a newbie!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Where has the year gone????

Damn this is late.

In obviously. Already got my photo selected.

• Advertisement

And we're off!!

New thread open with all details of how to partcipate in the 2013 Photobook :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement