Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No sympathy anymore for Mayo

Options
  • 25-09-2013 12:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if others agree but I really have no more sympathy for Mayo. Seven Final appearances ending in defeat. If Kerry, Tyrone Donegal were there instead last Sunday and got the possession Mayo had in the first half it would have been a completely different game. Dublin with their strong panel and ability to play to the standard required would probably have taken it anyway.
    But Mayo took the wrong option so often, were very poor in the second half, particularly dealing with Cluko's kick outs and then the indecisiveness with the frees in the 70th and 74th minutes.

Of all the provinces Connacht has the easiest run to the quarter finals. Mayo can make the last eight each year comfortably but how many opportunities do they need?
    I would much prefer now to see Monaghan, Kildare, Cavan make the breakthrough

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

I never had sympathy for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

But the curse! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭JessePinkman

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Of all the provinces Connacht has the easiest run to the quarter finals. Mayo can make the last eight each year comfortably

Last 7 years

Connaught has had 4 different provencial champions,So has Ulster.

Leinster has only 2 different winners same as Munster.

Plus in the last 7 years Mayo have been knocked out in Rd.1,Rd.2 and Rd.3 of the qualifiers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

If Kerry, Tyrone Donegal were there instead last Sunday and got the possession Mayo had in the first half it would have been a completely different game. h

Tyrone had a shedload of possession in the first half v mayo and similarly went in a point up at ht- very similar first half to Sunday actually. got blown away then

Dublin were the best team in the country all year, mayo second.

What kind of a thread is this anyway? They're hardly looking for sympathy. Is there a need to start one next week if cork win the hurling saying Clare didn't make use of possession the first day?

I don't expect anyone to show them sympathy

Connacht is easy because mayo make it look so at this stage in time. Ros and Galway equipped themselves well in qualifiers

You could argue Leinster is just as easy so just because Dublin are far better than anyone else.

Of all the provinces Connacht has the easiest run to the quarter finals. Mayo can make the last eight each year comfortably but how many opportunities do they need?
    I would much prefer now to see Monaghan, Kildare, Cavan make the breakthrough

Ha Ha, Munster are by far the easiest province to get out of and have been for a while. They are all Division four teams except Cork and Kerry. Who are now been seeded to further assist them and only have to beat ONE division four opposition before the Munster final.

How often is it any other team except Cork or Kerry that win the Munster title ?

Looks like you are lacking alot more than sympathy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Locked - plenty of threads to discuss Mayo football already exist, including the match thread and the Mayo GAA thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement