Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed and Lorraine Warren

Options
  • 25-09-2013 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

This may have been discussed before so forgive me if it has but I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are on the paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren? I've been interested in them for years but I still am not 100% sure on whether I truly believe in their whole story. The fact that Ed was the only demonologist recognised by the Catholic Church does add credence to their story and I definitely believe that they investigated lots of places and knew their stuff but was it exaggerated? or was it all lies/real? Just thought it'd be an interesting discussion :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Im not convinced by them tbh. They investigated too many things that then became movies for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

amythville horror for one, which years later was revealed as one big hoax

frulewis wrote: »
    This may have been discussed before so forgive me if it has but I'm just wondering what people's thoughts are on the paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren? I've been interested in them for years but I still am not 100% sure on whether I truly believe in their whole story. The fact that Ed was the only demonologist recognised by the Catholic Church does add credence to their story and I definitely believe that they investigated lots of places and knew their stuff but was it exaggerated? or was it all lies/real? Just thought it'd be an interesting discussion :)

Very Very easy to create Titles in the paranormal world. Back when they were investigating , people were alot more gullible.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Very Very easy to create Titles in the paranormal world. Back when they were investigating , people were alot more gullible.

People are still gulliable when it comes to the paranormal, still a quick money making scam by them for sure. Convincing people paranormal events were happening when they weren't, you have to remember they made most of their money as guest speakers and book sales rather than paranormal investigations.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

look at the artifacts of the so called "museum" its like something you'd find in one of those tacky joke shops...and as for the evil annebelle doll don't make me laugh

i think both of them were either deluded or putting on one big facade or both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

fryup wrote: »
    amythville horror for one, which years later was revealed as one big hoax

Was it revealed as a set-up? I didn't know that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭oceanman

Was it revealed as a set-up? I didn't know that!
    neither did I...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Apparently the initial murders did occur in the house, but the subsequent hauntings and demonic activities in the house were thought to have been fabricated..

The story didn't add up.. a lot of the details were proven to be false..

For one example.. the occupants of the house had supposedly woken during a snowy night and saw an evil face looking at them through the window and found cloven footprints in the snow outside in the morning..

But the night in question was later proven to have been clear and dry with no snow..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

xzanti wrote: »
    Apparently the initial murders did occur in the house, but the subsequent hauntings and demonic activities in the house were thought to have been fabricated..

The story didn't add up.. a lot of the details were proven to be false..

For one example.. the occupants of the house had supposedly woken during a snowy night and saw an evil face looking at them through the window and found cloven footprints in the snow outside in the morning..

But the night in question was later proven to have been clear and dry with no snow..

They flat out admitted fabricrating the story. The supernatural element was purely fictional.

plus i believe mr lutz or whatever he was called, bought the place because he believed the previous owner had buried money in the cellar. He was so convinced, he thought buying the place was a bargain and then couldnt afford it after realising there was no money buried in the cellar. I once talked to the son. He came across as a bit of a f*cking looneybin but he did talk of some very very weird **** happening and how the father seemed to change for the worse. Now, this could easily be because he realised the house he bought did not hodl the treasure he assumed it had but the son reckoned it was because the father was possessed.

• Advertisement

heres an interview we did with the son Christopher Lutz (now called Christopher Quaratino ) - http://www.musicfrombands.com/tfm/tfr_ChristopherQuaratino_26thJuly_2011.mp3

Advertisement