Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lasik - Optical Express Cork

Options
  • 25-09-2013 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi I had Laser Eye surgery (Lasik Wavefront Intralase) done 8 days ago in Cork by renowned surgeon Conall Hurley through Optical Express. The procedure was a bit unpleasant but not too bad and it's over quiet quickly. The initial discomfort when I got home wore off by evening.

Today I am very down about my progress so far :(. My vision is poor (better than it was without glasses - my perscription was -2 left and -3 right with astigmatism- but no where as good as it was with glasses).
    I went for my one week post-op checkup yesterday and have to go back on Friday to be assessed for glasses to keep me going. All this on top of poor visibility in low light, and glare making driving in the evening/night impossible.
    I know it is early days yet but I had hoped for so much better after a week as I know friends who had 20/20 vision at this stage.
    Fingers crossed! I'll keep posting my progress.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hoddie

Over 3 weeks post-op now and no improvement. Seeing surgical team on Sat so here's hoping they can give me some hope.

Meet surgeon Dr Conall Hurley on Sat for a review - Say's it too early to consider enhancement. Also glare and difficulty seeing in low light are common and tend to improve over time. I asked what the reasons were for my poor outcome (I went for bells and whistels 'Intralase Wavefront Lasik') and was only told that it's down to statistics - "There will always be outliers".

Well this 'Outlier' is very dissappointed at being made to feel like someone complaining about something trivial, rather that my treasured eyesight - What I have to endure is difficulty seeing on a daily basis. :( .

I hope it improves and will keep posting - hopefully with some good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

That's rough Hoodie. I tried to get Laser surgery a while back but was refused as my prescription is +.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

What axis was your astigmatism? LASIK usually has the wow factor whereas LASEK can take months to feel right

Hi Thegalwayman, I don't have my old prescription to hand but I was told by the surgeon that I was a good candidate for Lasik.

• Advertisement
Advertisement