Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to choose the columns Speaker

Options
  • 25-09-2013 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I would like to ask you where (near Dublin) I can buy Speakers for HIFI.

I would like to connect these speakers to: YAMAHA - RS500 and YAMAHA BD-S672

My favorite music is progressive metal, rock etc.

What stores, brand will you recommend for me.

Regards
    cry5t41
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Clooney Audio in Blackrock maybe. Might have the spelling wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Clooney Audio in Blackrock maybe. Might have the spelling wrong.

Close :)

http://cloneyaudio.com/products/speakers/

Richer Sounds ( www.richersounds.ie ) in Belfast are good too, with reasonable delivery prices. They also have a 'talk to' presence on boards which is handy ( http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1105 ).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Savins music centre

Hi cry5t41,

what is your budget for speakers? and are you looking to fill a large space?

My advice to you would to be to visit a few stores, get a listen to the range of speakers that are out there, Most shops will provide a demo room, as we do too.

What may suit me, might not suit you when it comes to speakers. Sound can be a very personal thing, so be aware of what you like and be careful taking opinions from others before you buy. ALWAYS, always demo.

Monitor Audio BX5, BX6, RX6 all very good speakers, all very different range of sound.

Q Acoustic 2050i One of my favorite floor standing speakers for the value, well worth a listen.

B&W 684's will give you a warm sound compared to the 2050i

Keff, Dali, Roksan, Wharfdale, Mission, there are a lot of good speaker brands out there. Call a few shops, see whats on demo and bring a handful of your most precious cds, again just take your time to listen to what best suits you.

Advertisement