Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power flushing equipment

Options
  • 24-09-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to invest in a power flushing machine , I mainly work in hard water areas. , does type of machine matter or is it the chemicals used that make the difference . ie, would the magnacleanse be of any use considering it works on magnets, would it still shift lime scale using the right chemicals like ds40 for example , any advice would be appreciated . Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Egass13 wrote: »
    I'm looking to invest in a power flushing machine , I mainly work in hard water areas. , does type of machine matter or is it the chemicals used that make the difference . ie, would the magnacleanse be of any use considering it works on magnets, would it still shift lime scale using the right chemicals like ds40 for example , any advice would be appreciated . Thanks.

Magnacleanse would only be any good if used in conjunction with a flushing machine. Fernox are a good brand of machine. I use a grundfos and find it very good but I've mine modified to incorporate 3 different magnets to aid flushing. Magnets won't work on limescale by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Magnacleanse would only be any good if used in conjunction with a flushing machine. Fernox are a good brand of machine. I use a grundfos and find it very good but I've mine modified to incorporate 3 different magnets to aid flushing. Magnets won't work on limescale by the way.

I know the magnets won't work on lime scale , I just thought that if the correct chemicals were used it would still do a job . Fernox was suggested to me a few times though so I'll look into that . 90% my work is service and repair based and the amount of scaled up heating systems and blocked heat exchangers I come across is unreal down here . Decided it's an area I should train and invest in , instead of getting outside lads to do it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

I have a Fernox MK3 machine and it's the best i've ever used. If you think that scale is the main problem then you need DS40 for that.

You need a machine with a good motor on the pump one wiht high flow.

The first time i used it was on a ideal Logic heat exchanger that was completely blocked with sludge to a point of no circulation. The boiler was only a year and a half old. I used F5 with the pump head adaptor and with in two minutes had circulation and continued to clean the system.

A magnaclense would not work there because it uses the systems circulator and in this case couldn't even get through the heat exchanger.

METEC do flushing training courses on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

JohnnieK wrote: »
    I have a Fernox MK3 machine and it's the best i've ever used. If you think that scale is the main problem then you need DS40 for that.

You need a machine with a good motor on the pump one wiht high flow.

The first time i used it was on a ideal Logic heat exchanger that was completely blocked with sludge to a point of no circulation. The boiler was only a year and a half old. I used F5 with the pump head adaptor and with in two minutes had circulation and continued to clean the system.

A magnaclense would not work there because it uses the systems circulator and in this case couldn't even get through the heat exchanger.

METEC do flushing training courses on this.

Great info johnnie, thanks. I'll check them out , it's something I want to roll out before next summer so it gives me plenty of Time to get set up and trained .

Advertisement