Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from Holland

Options
  • 24-09-2013 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, I am thinking of buying a laptop on eBay that is located in Holland. Before I do, I was wondering if I would be liable for any further charges when it hits Ireland?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

No, no import duty within in the EU, but it does beg the question why you can't find similar in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Caoimh1n

No, no import duty within in the EU, but it does beg the question why you can't find similar in Ireland.

Thank you for the info. I can find the same item locally, but unfortunately there's just shy of €300 in the difference including delivery.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

You know keyboard layout will be different than Irish layout, looking here not mayor differences but just wanted to make sure you knew about it.

Dutch-Keys.jpg

1. At symbol (@)
    2. Quotation mark (“)
    3. Question mark (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Caoimh1n

nava wrote: »
    You know keyboard layout will be different than Irish layout, looking here not mayor differences but just wanted to make sure you knew about it.

Dutch-Keys.jpg

1. At symbol (@)
    2. Quotation mark (“)
    3. Question mark (?)

Thanks Nava, good spot, I had checked that it was qwerty but didn't know about those.

I don't think they would bother me too much as I could just change the settings in windows and I almost touch type. But thank you for the info.

I'd much prefer to shop locally but the price difference is just too much. 900 vs 1200.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

A Dutch person using eBay ... normally they use marktplaats.nl

Have they good feedback ?

You can check the selling price in the Netherlands across a bunch of online stores here:

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/

• Advertisement
Advertisement