Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student placement - CONFUSED!

Options
  • 24-09-2013 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am a psychology and sociology due to soon commence a 6 month placement, as part of my course.
    I'm interested in the areas of caring, social work and volunteering., but am finding it difficult to find a placement that suits me just right.
    I have been offered two potential placements, and am just wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these organisations, or know much about them.
    The first is positive care Ireland, particularly their residence in Midleton, Cork - Willow View Lodge.
    The second is the Dolmen Clubhouse in Ballina, Co. Mayo.
    I would really appreciate any advice as my deadline is coming soon, and I really cannot make up my mind.
    If anyone would have any other suggestions for placement I would much appreciate those too, especially in Mayo, Galway, Limerick or Cork.
    Thanks!

Advertisement