Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Hall & Temple Road noise

Options
  • 24-09-2013 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

It's depressing to have to post this. Makes me sound like a 90 year old.

Anyway, was wondering if those of you who are lucky enough to live in Trinity Hall residences in Rathgar/Dartry can keep the noise down a bit when walking along Temple Road at night.

I don't know if it's just Freshers Week but Im on that road every night between 9 and 11 and the anti social behaviour is just going through the roof.

What used to be lovely leafy and peaceful road is becoming a shout corridor for drunks. In the past 5 days this is what I've had to walk past on my way home:

- general antisocial behaviour and shouting late at night
    - guys urinating along the road
    - residents bins being pushed over
    - 2 young guys hanging out of cans at the Luas stop barely able to stand and shouting at ppl getting off Luas. Saw them again later trying to climb over Trinity Hall walls.
    - bunch of students interfering with a bicycle and trying to yank it from a lamppost
    - guys throwing bottles over garden walls
    - ppl ringing gate intercoms

Its really depressing to be honest. I've moved back into the area having last lived here 10 years ago and the change is dramatic. Luckily I rent in a quiet road around the corner but I really feel for anyone that lives along that road and has to pay a mortgage or rent, works hard and then has that stress in the evening. Wife feels the same and doesn't feel safe walking down there on her own at night anymore.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

I lived there last year and am in no way defending their behaviour.
    What irritated me about this is you say 'lucky'. I paid through the nose and several other parts of my anatomy to live there. A few members of staff had this attitude as well; how lucky and privileged we all were. It is a business arrangement pure and simple. There is no luck or privilege.
    If you have a problem I suggest you contact the reception or warden or the police. you are not talking about naughty little school kids but grown adults entering into a business arrangement.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I lived there last year and am in no way defending their behaviour.
    What irritated me about this is you say 'lucky'. I paid through the nose and several other parts of my anatomy to live there. A few members of staff had this attitude as well; how lucky and privileged we all were. It is a business arrangement pure and simple. There is no luck or privilege.

I think that the many of your undergraduate peers who are still struggling to find adequate accommodation in Dublin would consider those in Halls to be quite lucky indeed.

For the OP, I think it will die down in the coming weeks as the residents' early youthful exuberance is balanced out by the reality of having to study and attend class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 FenderGibson

What irritated me about this is you say 'lucky'. I paid through the nose and several other parts of my anatomy to live there.

Fair enough but does that mean you're 'unlucky' because you have costs? "Luck" is a very subjective word. Depends on what you focus on.

I didn't mean to offend or make light of how expensive college life is or imply that it was easy, free, undeserved or that someone was bank-rolling your accomodation.

Having put myself through college and supported myself for X years thereafter I know what the costs are like. If I was to think of myself as "unucky" because I have costs, well...life doesn't get any luckier as you get older.

My own rent is a business arrangement too but everytime I sink X,XXX Euro a month, I think how incredibly lucky I am to be able to live in my favourite neighbourhood.

>>If you have a problem I suggest you contact the reception or warden or the police.

Thanks for the tip. Didn't realise there was an on-site warden etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 FenderGibson

Ravelleman wrote: »

For the OP, I think it will die down in the coming weeks as the residents' early youthful exuberance is balanced out by the reality of having to study and attend class.

Here's hoping. As I said, Im just passing through but I had a friend on that road many years ago and I know a lot of residents are elderly. Lot of the younger residents in the newer estates have young families etc.

Advertisement