Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Alarm Systems

Options
  • 24-09-2013 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I have aChubb Home Alarm system which uses inertia sensors attached to the windows ofmy house. Each sensor is wired back to the control panel in the house. Thealarm has to be armed (turned-on) by setting it at this panel

I will bereplacing some windows on 26 Sept. The window supplier (Senator) will have toremove the sensors from each window and attach them to the new windows, oncethey have been fitted. Will removing the sensors from the old windows cause thealarm to sound, even though the system is not turned-on at the control panel? Idon’t want the alarm ringing during the installation of the new windows!.

From memoryI think there is some anti-tampering mechanism in the alarm system but I’m notsure if this is only active when alarm is switched on.

I wouldhope to receive a quick reply to this query as the new windows are to be fittedon Thurs 26.

Many thanks

PensionerPete

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Pete - you might be better off asking the moderators to move your post to this forum which deals with Home Security Systems;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1366

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

If the alarm goes off there's no big problem once you just enter in the code to turn if off

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Pensioner Pete

Hi Rainy Day
    Thanks for the reply and suggestion to move to the other forum. I knew I had posted to the wrong area when I had sent post.
    I must confirm the process to move it to correct forum.
    Thanks again

Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Click on the red 'warning sign' triangle and report it to the mods with a request to move.

Hello Dare

Many thanks for the reply regarding the alarm system. I had a dread that the alarm would sound (despite not being turned on) as I believe there is an anti-tampering device in the system. Maybe this only becomes active when the alarm is turned on.
    I appreciate the reply and will keep a close watch during the installation of the windows. Here's hoping the weather will be good tomorrow ....six windows to be installed!

Thanks again

Pete

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info re moving the post ....Regards Pete

Advertisement