Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fedex Notification

Options
  • 24-09-2013 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭

For the past month every week without fail i've recieved the following email in my inbox (not spam)...

FedEx Notification

Our company`s courier cann`t make the delivery of parcel.

REASON: Postal code contains an error

DELIVERY STATUS: sort order
    SERVICE: One-day shipping
    NUMBER OF parcel: CWBYGWXPV7
    FEATURES: No

Open the enclosed file for details.

An additional information:

If the parcel isn`t received within 15 working days our company will have the right to claim compensation from you for it`s keeping in the amount of $7.77 for each day of keeping of it.

there's an attachment (mcafee passed) with it that i'm afraid to open....i've tried replying saying sent to wrong email but i get this automated response thats full of gobedy gook

so should i just keep ignoring it?? thought yahoo would have blocked it by now:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Unless you've ordered something and are expecting delivery then it's almost definitely a phishing scam.

Lot's of similar mails and attempts in Google. This one is almost identical.

Mark it as SPAM and DO NOT open the attachment.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

An what d'ya know, I've just received the exact same email ! I definitely didn't order anything. Spam without doubt.

The attachment contains PWS:Win32/Fareit.gen!H.

The link above is to a website describing the threat. It's a key logger Trojan. When you extract the file it's icon appears to be an Acrobat .pdf document.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The dodgy English in these things should be the first clue, things like "for it`s keeping in the amount of $7.77 for each day of keeping of it."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i got a amazon and a ups ones this morning, they're certainly relentless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

We see a lot of the UPS ones and also BBB (Better business bureau) What's more surprising is how many people ask our IT guys to release them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement