Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to get a table made.

Options
  • 24-09-2013 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭

Been trying to find a table in the classifieds for some time now... its going to double as a Kitchen counter and breakfast bar etc.

Sadly no joy in the classifieds as it needs to be a specific size due to a tight kitchen layout.

I am now considering getting one made entirely.

Does anybody know of or can recommend a furniture maker that could make me a table something like this (image attached) for a reasonable price lets say €100 - €150

(The timber can vary)

Size is the critical point here

Height 100cm
    Length 120cm
    Depth 50cm

rgds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Been trying to find a table in the classifieds for some time now... its going to double as a Kitchen counter and breakfast bar etc.

Sadly no joy in the classifieds as it needs to be a specific size due to a tight kitchen layout.

I am now considering getting one made entirely.

Does anybody know of or can recommend a furniture maker that could make me a table something like this (image attached) for a reasonable price lets say €100 - €150

(The timber can vary)

Size is the critical point here

Height 100cm
    Length 120cm
    Depth 50cm

rgds

Not a chance anyone will make that for so little money. There's more than €150 material in that before any labour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Thanks galwaydude18.. I'm not looking for anything as swanky as the one in the picture just that shape. But I think you are probably right .. got a rough outline quote today and its in the €400 ballpark.

Two other options

- maybe get some flat pack yoke from Argos or
    - get a counter top and put legs under it ..

or else keep looking in the classifieds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭littlevillage

prob going to go down the route of getting a counter top and will put legs under it.

Advertisement