Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add rubber sole to shoe boots - anyone know where does this?

Options
  • 24-09-2013 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi there,

As the weather is beginning to get back to the damp/wet irish climate norm, i've noticed that some of the heels of my shoe boots have begun to slip on pavements. The heels have little or no grip on them and i'd love to be able to wear them in winter so i'm looking for somewhere that might add a rubber sole to a few pairs for me. I've already had a few close calls with smooth paving in the rain and really don't want to end up on my bum in the middle of the street! :)

Has anyone else gotten this done? And if so, has it worked? And where could i get this done in dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭marquise

I've gotten it done in C & D Shoes on Charlemont Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Any cobbler should be able to do this for you. I've had it done on several pairs of shoes by the cobbler in Castleknock village.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

As Valentina said, any cobbler. My own is in Palmerstown, charges about €15 from what I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ILoveGreen

Thanks everyone, i just wasn't sure if i needed to go somewhere specific. Am i correct in assuming that they don't take the current sole off, but just attach a rubber one over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Yep they just glue (I think) the rubber sole on so as it wears away from use you can easily have it replaced without damaging the original sole.

It's actually a really good idea to have expensive shoes "soled" before you wear them for the first time to protect the sole so they will last forever. My cobbler does coloured soles to match designer shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 ILoveGreen

Valentina wrote: »
    Yep they just glue (I think) the rubber sole on so as it wears away from use you can easily have it replaced without damaging the original sole.

It's actually a really good idea to have expensive shoes "soled" before you wear them for the first time to protect the sole so they will last forever. My cobbler does coloured soles to match designer shoes.

That's perfect, thanks a million! I think i'll be popping into the cobblers in Castleknock so. :)

Advertisement