Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for an Overdraft with Ulster Bank - advice needed

Options
  • 24-09-2013 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭

I have two accounts with Ulsterbank:

(1) A Current Account on which I pay €4.00 monthly charges.
    (2) A UFirst Gold Account on which I pay €14.00 monthly charges.

I was unemployed until October 2012, at which I point I began working full time, receiving a monthly salary into the UFirst Gold Account, and I am still in that full time employment and still receiving that monthly salary.

In the past year, my UFirst Gold account has had a Debit balance on six occasions:

10/5/2013: -€14.00
    15/5/2013: -€43.09
    16/5/2013: -€47.53

25/6/2013: -€19.42

23/7/2013: -€0.48
    24/7/2013: -€4.92

The reason for these Debit balances being that I was using both Current and U-First Gold account at the same time, with funds in both at any one time, and I was withdrawing from both accounts randomly without much consideration, not really thinking about one of the accounts going into minus figures and how it may affect my future with the bank. At the time of those debit balances listed above in the UFirst Gold account, my Current account was absolutely in Credit.

I have had a full time monthly salary going in to the U First Gold Account since October 2012.

I rang Ulster Bank customer services today, and within seconds they told me that, because of these debit balances listed above on the UFirst Gold account, an application for an overdraft will be declined.

Is it possible to have an overdraft application reviewed and re-considered, such as this, and if so might they take all the other circumstances I've mentioned above into account when re-considering?

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement