Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&Q Toilet Glued to Wall

Options
  • 24-09-2013 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hello All,

Need some advice. I have a B&Q Rossini toilet. One of those idiotic designs that doesn't have a top that allows you to look inside the cistern to see what happening if you have problems - but looks nice. Its glued to the back wall. It has a problem refilling and rather than splash out a new toilet and fitting costs, I'm wondering of anyone came across problems with these types of toilets? Is there some handy way to "unglue" it from the wall so as to see whats happening or maybe there are some pitfalls to look out for with this kind of model. I'm thinking that if I got the lid off, a plumber could probably diagnose and replace parts which would be much cheaper.

Any help or useful advice appreciated.

Cheers
    GOMP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

Hello All,

Need some advice. I have a B&Q Rossini toilet. One of those idiotic designs that doesn't have a top that allows you to look inside the cistern to see what happening if you have problems - but looks nice. Its glued to the back wall. It has a problem refilling and rather than splash out a new toilet and fitting costs, I'm wondering of anyone came across problems with these types of toilets? Is there some handy way to "unglue" it from the wall so as to see whats happening or maybe there are some pitfalls to look out for with this kind of model. I'm thinking that if I got the lid off, a plumber could probably diagnose and replace parts which would be much cheaper.

Any help or useful advice appreciated.

Cheers
    GOMP

You have just found out the pitfall. A stupid design. Do you know exactly what was used to glue it in place. Is it only silicone?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭GetOffMyPatch

Looks like it alright. Have tried to loosen it using nail-polish remover (with acetone) but its very difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Looks like it alright. Have tried to loosen it using nail-polish remover (with acetone) but its very difficult.

Get the blade from a Stanley knife. Has never let me down. And be careful it's sharp!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Large hacksaw blade down the back of the cistern

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

Any chance this would be mounted on brackets that you would just pull the cistern up off the bowl?

• Advertisement
Advertisement