Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing a 2nd Jobbridge Internship

Options
  • 24-09-2013 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible, right now, to do a 2nd Jobbridge internship. I completed a 9 month internship in 2012 and now want to do another one (I know it's a scam but I want to do something to stay sane!)

I enquired about this about a year ago and was told "no, you did one so that's it". Now I read the news and see that "interns can now take on three placements, rather than just two, which was the previous limit" (http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/maximum-duration-for-jobbridge-internships-double-1.1532183)

When I rang the Dept of Welfare this morning to check this, they had nothing on their system but after checking the news (wtf????) they said that it should be changing "soon" but at the moment I am not eligible.

Does anyone know what the actual situation is right now. Is the current rule that you can do one or two?

Thanks a mil,
    Ruth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Shalashaska

The link doesn't say this but according to the Jobbridge FAQ for interns on their website, you are able to do 2 Jobbridge internships provided the combined time spent on both doesn't exceed 9 months. So in your case, you wouldn't be eligible to do another one until FÁS put into motion these new changes to the scheme - which knowing our public service could be a while:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ruth_wex

Thanks Shalashaska ... alas I should probably forget about it for now so if I'm waiting on the public service to make changes!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 xprnc

ruth_wex wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible, right now, to do a 2nd Jobbridge internship. I completed a 9 month internship in 2012 and now want to do another one (I know it's a scam but I want to do something to stay sane!)

I enquired about this about a year ago and was told "no, you did one so that's it". Now I read the news and see that "interns can now take on three placements, rather than just two, which was the previous limit" (http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/maximum-duration-for-jobbridge-internships-double-1.1532183)

When I rang the Dept of Welfare this morning to check this, they had nothing on their system but after checking the news (wtf????) they said that it should be changing "soon" but at the moment I am not eligible.

Does anyone know what the actual situation is right now. Is the current rule that you can do one or two?

Thanks a mil,
    Ruth

Hey Ruth, you could probably apply for a non-JobBridge part-time internship (google it, or look for #internfairy on Twitter & Facebook) so you can get experience and at the same time keep your benefits - until you find a job

Advertisement