Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters courses in Photography

Options
  • 24-09-2013 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Quick question guys,
    is Griffith college the only college running MA or Msc in Photography in Ireland?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,622 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

not sure , mele knows a lot about Griffith , I looked into doing a Masters a while ago and was told the best was in the UK , it was too expensive , so sadly couldn't do it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Griffith does an AM in photography?

I know a guy from my course did a MA in Queens, and he loved it, highly recommended.

griffith doesn't do an MA in photography, they do in journalism and that has small elements of photography... but its far from a pure Photography MA

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

http://www.nmtc.ie/courses/MA_Photography.html

I walk by this place sometimes. Cant give any info as Ive never heard of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭intolerant

I'm in my final year of the BA in Photographic Media in Griffith (Part Time) and agree with melekalikimaka, there is no such course in Griffith. Ive asked the tutors and they say either Queens or London if I wanted to pursue this option. Finances say I dont!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,622 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

intolerant wrote: »
    Ive asked the tutors and they say either Queens or London if I wanted to pursue this option. Finances say I dont!

Newport in south Wales do an excellent masters too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭intolerant

I didnt realise that, ill check it up! Thanks!

Advertisement