Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor Insurance rip off where does she stand now?

Options
  • 24-09-2013 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

my girlfriend somehow managed to sign a contract with 123.ie to get insured on a Jeep for E1752 she is 25 and has 4 years NCB so its a joke. I got her another qoute for E520 somewhere else. nearly 1200 of saving!!

she received the contract in the post today, shes paying by direct debit but they have already took E502 deposit, she also back insured it 4th September for god knows what reason. Therefore they said the cooling off period is over. I thought it started from when you get your policy?

I feel bad because its the first time shes had to insure herself both her parents died this pass year.

anyone knows where she stands now? Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

No. The cooling off period starts from the day of cover. Bad news for her now is that because its her first year or insurance, she will be subject to short term rates i.e. cancellation could be 25% for any time in the first 3 months as opposed to calculated on a daily basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Can you explain what you mean about 'back insured' as this shouldn't be possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

oldyouth wrote: »
    Can you explain what you mean about 'back insured' as this shouldn't be possible?

Never in my life heard of this. Why would anyone 'back insure' anything????

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It sounds like it was done through a broker, possibly a broker that handled the family's insurance before.

I was offered 'a hold since of cover 'if I moved to my parents insurance broker and cancelled my own insurance, something to do with a multi car discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I was offered 'a hold since of cover 'if I moved to my parents insurance broker
    Sorry :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement