Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't I find a plumber?

Options
  • 23-09-2013 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Pretty much at my wits end at this stage. I have been looking for a plumber for nearly a month, as I am moving a kitchen from one room to another. I have rang almost every plumber I could find the number of in co.Wicklow and they say they will call when they can come and have a look(nobody has) or just don't reply to my messages.

is this a kind of job plumbers just don't want to do?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Pretty much at my wits end at this stage. I have been looking for a plumber for nearly a month, as I am moving a kitchen from one room to another. I have rang almost every plumber I could find the number of in co.Wicklow and they say they will call when they can come and have a look(nobody has) or just don't reply to my messages.

is this a kind of job plumbers just don't want to do?

Thanks

Normaly a kitchen fitter/carpenter would have a plumber that they work hand and hand with.
    Can't understand your lack of responces in this day and age.
    Ask in your local plumbing supplys, Heatmerchants or Chadwicks etc..
    For somebody they could recommend for your type of job if you've got no responces here on Boards.

ps. I'm 150 miles away, unless you want to pay my call out + travel + lodgings + meals + diesel + Vat.@13.5% + fags and a coffee please !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

scudo2 wrote: »
    Normaly a kitchen fitter/carpenter would have a plumber that they work hand and hand with.
    Can't understand your lack of responces in this day and age.
    Ask in your local plumbing supplys, Heatmerchants or Chadwicks etc..
    For somebody they could recommend for your type of job if you've got no responces here on Boards.

ps. I'm 150 miles away, unless you want to pay my call out + travel + lodgings + meals + diesel + Vat.@13.5% + fags and a coffee please !!!

I nearly would! Buying the kitchen from cash and carry kitchens in sandyford, they have a plumber they work with but he is not willing to travel here. Good call on the heatmerchants, there is one down the road will pop in. Have the job posted on boards but recieved no replys! Also on trademens.ie, recived one reply but didnt hearvfrom the guy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭sully123

Have you tried this guy in roundwood?

I have dealt with him in a buy and sell deal and he seemed sound.

Ill pm you his number

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

sully123 wrote: »
    Have you tried this guy in roundwood?

I have dealt with him in a buy and sell deal and he seemed sound.

Ill pm you his number

Please do.

Advertisement