Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change to casual JSA dockets

Options
  • 23-09-2013 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭

I got a letter last week saying that my local office is changing to electronic dockets for casual workers, and each docket will now need to be signed weekly by my employer. I only see my manager about once a month, so I'll have to post her the docket each week and she'll then have to post it back to me. If this results in my docket reaching the welfare office late, (which it probably will), will I end up losing out on payments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

No you wont lose out on payment but it may mean that some weeks if the docket isnt returned on time you may not get payment till the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

For anyone else who's going to struggle with this change, make sure you get on to your local office ASAP. I had to ring my office today about another matter. (They answered on the 17th attempt!) I asked them about how this will affect my payment and the lady told me not to worry about it yet. They're reconsidering because of the amount of people who are in a similar situation.

Now if only they'd stop suspending my payment even though my dockets are ways in on time I'd be happy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Any idea who else can sign this dockets? It is probably all about confirming if there was "full time work available for this person on the specified dates" so my manager or supervisor should be competent to sign this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

zom wrote: »
    Any idea who else can sign this dockets? It is probably all about confirming if there was "full time work available for this person on the specified dates" so my manager or supervisor should be competent to sign this.

Your manager or supervisor will be fine to sign them for you. That's how I get them signed.

Advertisement