Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a Cork shirt in London

Options
  • 23-09-2013 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭

My old one is still at home....any shops sell GAA shirts in London

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

O'Neills.com is your best bet, more chance of getting a Dukla Prague away shirt ( if you're old enough to get that joke )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭beer enigma

dd972 wrote: »
    O'Neills.com is your best bet, more chance of getting a Dukla Prague away shirt ( if you're old enough to get that joke )

Thanks, I tried oneills.com but there's no guarantee ill have it for Saturday...thought I'd packed my own shirt but alas it's still at home.

And sadly yes, I am old enough to remember Dukla...all I want for Christmas !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Speaking of cork, does anyone have a good recommendation for where to watch the match on Saturday? I'd rather have someone else to shout at the tv with me than sit on my own in a bar!

How so Joe wrote: »
    Speaking of cork, does anyone have a good recommendation for where to watch the match on Saturday? I'd rather have someone else to shout at the tv with me than sit on my own in a bar!

Probably best heading for a larger bar as more chance of actually seeing a screen and getting a pint !

If your looking for city centre, I'd suggest SoHo on Grand Parade or the Old Oak on Oliver plunkett street - neither would be my choice for an evening session, but both have plenty of screens so ok for a match. Plenty of smaller bars on Oliver Plunkett street as well that may be worth a try.

If you're looking out of town, Douglas would be a good bet in either Barrys's, East Village or John O'Sullivans....all a decent size with plenty of screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I didn't make that clear at all.

Speaking of [the cork match] does anyone have any suggestions for somewhere in [london] - or will any boardsies be watching it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

I'll be in the Sheephaven Bay in Mornington Crescent with at least one other boardsie and some friends. We'll try not to be at each other's throats as I'm from Clare and she's a Cork girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

The Sheephaven is a great spot. The Auld Shillelagh is good too. Don't go to the Porterhouse if it's atmosphere you're after. Waxy's has a good atmosphere but can be a bit dickish. I'm going to Howl at the Moon in Hoxton anyway for a change.

How so Joe wrote: »
    I didn't make that clear at all.

Speaking of [the cork match] does anyone have any suggestions for somewhere in [london] - or will any boardsies be watching it?

Ah well, if you are ever in Cork, at least you'll know where to go :)

Advertisement