Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for tyre centre

Options
  • 23-09-2013 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey everyone, looking for a bit of advice or guidance.
    My father just purchased a tyre centre and we are also thinking about setting up a little car wash valet area.

I was wondering where is the best and cheapest place to get car wash equipment and chemicals etc..
    And i am also wondering how to get my hands onto part worn tyres? Just to offer people who are a little low in finance the option of a cheaper alternative.
    All ideas/help is much appreciated. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭ferryman35

Hi DaDeadly1,

Congratulations on your venture and the very best of luck with it! One part of your post alarms me - you are looking for the "best" and the "cheapest" in the same sentence....would you do better looking for best value..ie products that offer good performance at a fair price.

I think (and in my own experience) that a knowledgeable and informed operator should be able to build a very good business.

For obvious reasons, everyone wants to offer and get the best value in their transactions , but few tend to look beyond the bottom line price and think 'ah sure a tyre is a tyre' but when in fact they're not. There's a hell of a difference between the performance (in every respect) between the cheaper unknown brands vs long established and reputable brands.

Whichever route you choose to go down, the person that is able explain to his/her clients why he/she recommends a particular tyre over another will have a distinct advantage over their competitors, if they choose to take advantage of it. Likewise with valeting chemicals and equipment, for some you may pay abit more, but you will find in all cases that you need to weigh up the price and performance before you choose.

Part worn tyres are not a bad idea and you will often see them advertised (wholesale) in trade journals. In my experience, a good part worn is actually a better buy than some of the 'new' junk tyres that are offered.

I'm not in the tyre business, but I have bought enough of them to know the difference, and I can tell you that it is fair difficult to get a reasonable quality tyre from 80% of vendors. I do work with chemicals and can give you more help in that regard if you want to pm me.

Best of Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TGi666

where are you located I may be able to recommend a few people

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DaDeadly1

TGi666 wrote: »
    where are you located I may be able to recommend a few people

The kildare area

Advertisement