Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I find it hard to believe that a group like Al Shabab, would take orders from a Woman. There hardly the most progressive lot.....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I don't see anything shocking about the fact that she's a woman or white - women and white people are just as capable if bloody minded murder as anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Human being behind attack.. shock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

It's not that a white person/woman can't be capable of doing horrific stuff - obviously they can. It's pretty surprising in fairness though that it's a westerner at all, moreso again that it's a woman. This is an islamic extremist group after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

The Irish-born bint is suspected as being killed by Kenyan security forces. link

More here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Quite an impressive security operation by the Kenyan Armed Forces. According to reports ten militants have been arrested at the complex, a further two have been arrested while attempting to flee and three have been killed.

Admittedly it did take three days to clear the building, but I wasn't expecting them to take anyone into custody.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Quite an impressive security operation by the Kenyan Armed Forces. According to reports ten militants have been arrested at the complex, a further two have been arrested while attempting to flee and three have been killed.

Admittedly it did take three days to clear the building, but I wasn't expecting them to take anyone into custody.

Today's metro (UK) paper had mention of the IDF's Sayeret unit being called in (Israeli owned shopping centre and all that) along with elements of several other foreign units, not to dismiss the credit that the Kenyans themselves are due for dealing with such a difficult situation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Lemming wrote: »
    Today's metro (UK) paper had mention of the IDF's Sayeret unit being called in (Israeli owned shopping centre and all that) along with elements of several other foreign units, not to dismiss the credit that the Kenyans themselves are due for dealing with such a difficult situation.

Yeah there definitely is foreign assistance too, the FBI are at the scene. They have a big command post in Nairobi.

Fair dues to the Kenyan security forces though if they have stopped militants from escaping the country.

There is still a lot of confusion though surrounding the exact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Yeah there definitely is foreign assistance too

Reports today of several former soldiers - at least one from Ireland (supposedly an army ranger) & the UK - who lead groups of people from the building after being given weapons by an asian person.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/mystery-irish-hero-saved-hundreds-in-nairobi-29608137.html

This is getting more and more surreal as the details come out.
    wes wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe that a group like Al Shabab, would take orders from a Woman. There hardly the most progressive lot.....

The article linked in the op states that she is the widow of a 7/7 bomber, so in their eyes she has status as the wife of a martyr who brought glory to the cause. There are also many groups who still hold a lot of respect for the British going back to their colonial pasts, so it's not as far fetched that a white english woman could be a leader in this group as it seems at first glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

antoobrien wrote: »
    The article linked in the op states that she is the widow of a 7/7 bomber, so in their eyes she has status as the wife of a martyr who brought glory to the cause. There are also many groups who still hold a lot of respect for the British going back to their colonial pasts, so it's not as far fetched that a white english woman could be a leader in this group as it seems at first glance.

Sure I concede it is possible, but I do remain sceptical, until we know more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Women are being increasingly used as suicide bombers and taking part in, even leading, terrorist attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Apparently the woman in question is an Irish woman who was married to one of the 7 /7 bombers. Insane carry on.

Advertisement