Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro Last Light Nvidia Titan !

Options
  • 23-09-2013 12:25pm

OMG you should see this game at 1920x1080 on my brothers Nvidia Titan with max quality settings ! :eek:

Amazing. Only played it for a few mins.

It's seemingly a hugely graphically intensive game, I don't know if many cards below the Titan are able to run it at 1920x1080 and max settings.

The card can play this game at 48 fps at 2560x1600 and unfortunately his monitor doesn't support this resolution.

PS4, meh, yesterday's technology ! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

OMG you should see this game at 1920x1080 on my brothers Nvidia Titan with max quality settings ! :eek:

Amazing. Only played it for a few mins.

It's seemingly a hugely graphically intensive game, I don't know if many cards below the Titan are able to run it at 1920x1080 and max settings.

The card can play this game at 48 fps at 2560x1600 and unfortunately his monitor doesn't support this resolution.

PS4, meh, yesterday's technology ! :D

You don't need to drop a grand on a graphics card to enjoy that! A hd 7950 should max it at that resolution for less than 250 quid.

Lu Tze wrote: »
    You don't need to drop a grand on a graphics card to enjoy that! A hd 7950 should max it at that resolution for less than 250 quid.

Ah yeah it will play it at 46 fps V 76 for the titan. True. And the performance V cost the 7950 sure wins.

Only of you go to 25660x1600 the difference is 32 v 48 fps for the titan.

He paid a lot less for it, as he needed it for graphical work. So he can claim the vat back for it.

I'd love to run encode a 1080P video using Cuda to see how it goes these days, it wasn't very impressive a few years back. Then again who compresses 1080P video these days ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Saw a gaming rig with 4 of them Titans, running on 3 4K monitors demoing a few games... think I wet myself. Especially when comparing to my ancient piece of tripe PC that can barely run WoW on low settings for a 25m LFR raid -.-;

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ah yeah it will play it at 46 fps V 76 for the titan. True. And the performance V cost the 7950 sure wins.

Only of you go to 25660x1600 the difference is 32 v 48 fps for the titan.

He paid a lot less for it, as he needed it for graphical work. So he can claim the vat back for it.

I'd love to run encode a 1080P video using Cuda to see how it goes these days, it wasn't very impressive a few years back. Then again who compresses 1080P video these days ?

Any pics?

Any pics?

Of what ?

• Advertisement

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Saw a gaming rig with 4 of them Titans, running on 3 4K monitors demoing a few games... think I wet myself. Especially when comparing to my ancient piece of tripe PC that can barely run WoW on low settings for a 25m LFR raid -.-;

4 titans ?
    sSig_wowspring.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Titan is the biggest waste of money. I can run 1080p with good oldy 680, which can be gotten for 250eu.

Its a great looking game, yes. Though wasting money on Titan... well... its his money I guess, but god, you dont need that lump of overprised tech to enjoy game on maxed/ish settings.

Titan is the biggest waste of money. I can run 1080p with good oldy 680, which can be gotten for 250eu.

Its a great looking game, yes. Though wasting money on Titan... well... its his money I guess, but god, you dont need that lump of overprised tech to enjoy game on maxed/ish settings.

No he didn't but he needed it to do his graphical projects, he could do with 4 but I doubt the programs he use would support 4.

Yeah it's a waste, sure, 2 x GTX 750's in SLI would be as fast or faster. and half the price.

I was impressed with the 450 watts consumption though in metro at 1920x1080 at max settings. And how quiet the car is.

Don't forget he'll get the vat back for the card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Of what ?

Sorry,any screenshots of the game you can show us?

Sorry,any screenshots of the game you can show us?

Hang on, I'm here on the machine now while he's away.

• Advertisement

I'm not far into the game but I like it a lot so far.

MetroLL2013-09-2315-36-10-64.jpg

MetroLL2013-09-2315-14-11-10.jpg

MetroLL2013-09-2315-20-09-40.jpg

I think the pics look a bit compressed.

It actually looks far better on the PC than looking at the screen shots or maybe now that I'm back home on my crappy laptop screen ?

How does it look to ye ? Try look at the pics in 1920 x 1080 this screen is crappy 1600x900 on a 17" laptop and a bad one at that. Typical Dell.

Of course the other thing is you can't see the full screen view on the forum , doesn't help !

Try direct to photobucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Photobucket reduce the quality of any images I upload. It's a useless site.

Yeah they do to save space. But I've so many pics there now. Photobucket is fine for most pics.

Is picasa any better ? I actually have an account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Try Imgur

Just thought I'd add, I started playing this last night. Looks a cracker. In the early stages at least it comes across like a cross between Half-Life 2 and something like Dishonored [with the creeping in shadows sections and atmosphere maybe]

I'm playing on a moderate laptop. Not specifically a gaming lappy, but good enough to run most modern games with some tweaking.

It's an Acer V3-771G, i7 2.3GHz [with turbo boost to 3.3] 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia Geforce GT 640M

You'd be surprised how well it runs on that. I had most settings to high and it looked brill. FPS were down between 20-30, sometimes 40. I'm sure if I knock a few settings back to medium it'll fly on it.

Yeah the graphics are amazing with the titan.

It looks a lot better than my old Dell core I7 740QM 8gb ram and GT445m graphics, it's too dated for today's games really. It will play of course at minimum settings.

I don't know if I would get a pc again, ps4 or laptop, the laptop costing the most for less performance. But the laptop is convenient.

I can imagine it being stunning with the Titan.

I only have an i7 mainly for photo-editing. But since there was an Nvidia card pre-installed I thought I'd give it a go for gaming. It's fine for my needs. You really can get away with High settings more than you'd imagine. It runs Grid 2 smooth on high with extras on.

I have a 360 for most of my gaming needs. But it's nice to know at least that the laptop can handle decent games too :)

Oh, and it's 17" monitor, @ 1600 x 900 - not quite 1080p but at that size games do look very nice.

I was able to run Metro at the full 1600 x 900. Screen res is the last setting I'd change.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's fantastic al right. I'd love to see it with higher resolution monitor.

Check this out.

tabelle.jpg

Mine is Intel Core i7-3610QM, so I pull more from the 640m. I also have a program called MSI after burner, which helps deliver a few more fps. I get better than what they suggest for the card on that chart at least. And play at 1600 x 900 on high. It's nowhere near perfect, but very playable without stutters :) I always get more than they suggest on those charts.

The high end cards are probably real expensive? Going to try it on medium later, and maybe do a video of it running. ANy chance you can do one of the Titan at work on full settings?

ANy chance you can do one of the Titan at work on full settings?

I could make the video no problem but uploading it is another story. Maybe 2 mins might be possible. I only got 300 kbps up

Where could you upload to though ? youtube reduces the quality.

Youtube is fine so long as the viewer selects 1080p manually. I don't know why they haven't set it so that full HD clips are default set to play at full HD - with the choice to play lower res in settings. They have it back-arseways.

Anyway, just checked the game there and it's crashed my laptop, whoops :D Have to do an uninstall and re-try it later.

Could also be my max down of 6mb either, not going to help 1080P streaming, though no actually, because if you let it load it does look poorer than before you uploaded. Hmmm.

There is a setting somewhere that you can default the quality to high, but you'll have to be signed in.

I'll see if I can do it over the weekend.

It'll never look as good as you see first hand on screen, but it would give a good idea to anyone interested. Even a minute of footage. I imagine anyone who's used to watching clips on there knows to allow for degradation of true quality.

I have got the game back up and running, and recorded some play earlier. Obviously the recording software knocks some frames off and seems to make it jerk a little more than it would when not recording. But I'll string a few short clips together and see how it looks on the tube. I have 50mb connection so shouldn't take so long to up.

50 mb ? I can only dream.

4G has huge potential but as always the operators will have useless limits and I bet it will be no faster than 20mb at the start then slow to 10 mb or less. So much for the 150 mb the promised us.

Anyway I'm busy for the next 2 days but I'll see if I can make a video.

Advertisement