Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad experience at Bullock Harbour

Options
  • 23-09-2013 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Myself and my wife went to bullock harbour on Sunday to rent a boat, but when we turned up at the little cottage there was a table where 3 women were selling tickets: €40 per hour.

You need id, BUT do not show you have a sense of humour as they do not have one!

I must stress that we are a very polite couple and when I jovially remarked, "do we need ID in case we do not return" the older women replied very seriously "It is for insurance" and the other women said "We will not be renting to you"

That was it! I said "no problem" and left. As I said we are very polite, but it ruined the day we had planned.

These people should not deal with the public if they have no people skills.

Awful experience but as they are the only ones I guess they can act how they want?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Without being there it's hard to make out what happened from your description. All I can say is it's their prerogative to hire to whom they choose. Their loss perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Peterfitz

You are right of course, it is a warning in case anyone wishes to hire from them, like the police in the US they take humour for disrespect. I could understand perhaps if we were joking while they we giving us safety instruction etc but we hadn't even bought our tickets.

Just to add to this, the day before we bought 2 lobsters from the guys in the cabin on the pier and wow!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Feic, there's me thinking I was going to read a Bass report from Dalkey.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Feic, there's me thinking I was going to read a Bass report from Dalkey.....

I opened the thread thinking the exact same thing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Peterfitz

Sorry to disappoint folks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

At 40 quid an hour you are better off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

40 quid an hour???
    The lads at the end do it for 20.
    And yes those 3 are quite rude. Dealt with them before. And I also didn't go with them. I went to the oul lad at the corner. Sound lad.
    He also needs i.d
    And It is for in case you don't return they need an I'd for insurance reasons also. But there was no need for them to be so rude to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gumpy2

usually 20 per hour if fishing or 40 per hour when just going for a spin, they arent really the most polite people either,the woman who does let you onto the boats at the steps has some mouth on her very snappy and dishes out slagings way to easy to people she doesnt even no!! best bet go to the man at the end of the pier as said above, he's a decent fella and his boats are a bit better aswel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Some thing fishy alright...

gumpy2 wrote: »
    usually 20 per hour if fishing or 40 per hour when just going for a spin, they arent really the most polite people either,the woman who does let you onto the boats at the steps has some mouth on her very snappy and dishes out slagings way to easy to people she doesnt even no!! best bet go to the man at the end of the pier as said above, he's a decent fella and his boats are a bit better aswel

Yeah she's a right piece of work that one.
    Snapped at me one day when I was getting into the boat.
    I was holding the ladder when in the boat so my mate could get in and she snapped telling me to let go as I was like here I'm only holding the boat in place and she snapped saying she an do it her fcuking self.
    And then she said do you wanna go out or not. I said yeah I do and she replied then shut up.
    Felt like climbing out and telling her to fcuk off but wanted to go fishing anyway.
    She's to put it nicely a Cnut!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

yeah she's some weapon alright, snapped at me the same way getting on the boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

She's a piece of work alright, we were down there last year and she started all that shíte, so we told her to stick her boat up her jaxie and went out for a great days fishing with one of the other lads boats. Wouldn't entertain her again.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

I bet the Americans would love her at the great gathering :P

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mattcullen

same as.. she acted the wagon with me told her what a sweetheart she is and went with the other lads. as has been said they're sound

She actually missing two fingers after a seal grabbed hold of her hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

:) Bet they tasted bitter!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Hatfry

Wow can't believe this how are they still the most popular ones to rent from? That's infuriating just from reading. Customer service has left Ireland for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

ive personally never had a problem from them, so its not all bad

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭johnner1

I think you should get your facts right before making statements like this:confused:

I have only just came accross this thread dont be in here much at all, but makes for some funny reading.

Advertisement