Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What GPU for this power supply?

Options
  • 23-09-2013 3:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Greetings, I would like to seek advice on what GPU can my power supply support? I bought this PSU (Gigabyte Superb 720) 4 years ago and it seems that Gigabyte isn't one of the brands that make PSUs. Currently, my pc is running a Sapphire HD5850 graphic card and although this card is decent, I feel I should be getting an upgrade to keep up with the current games.

Also, I'm listing down my specs to see if there's any need to upgrade other components.
    Intel i7 860
    Unsure on the mother board should be P55 equivalent since this rig is over 3 years old
    Windows-7 32 bit
    4gb ddr3 1333 mhz
    Sapphire HD5850
    Gigabyte Superb 720w
    Gaming at 1920x1080 resolutions on a 23 incher

On a side note, I can only fork up $450 for an upgrade and I'm just hoping to get the best upgrades with that amount. I was thinking of getting the recent nvidia 700 series cards but wasn't sure if my PSU can support them. E.g 770gtx if possible.

Thanks again

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

PSU should be fine for pretty much anything. It's an 80+ supply, 45a on the 12v, made by FSP according to google.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

shouldn't be a card on the market you need to worry about for compatibility. Maybe if you want one of those top tier reference cards that costs more than your computer, but beyond that its all fair game

Advertisement