Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large parcel to UK?

Options
  • 22-09-2013 2:14pm

I want to sell a large parcel to a UK seller. It weighs a little below 2.5kg in its box. I checked An Post and they want to charge €35 for it registered!!!

Are there any other couriers that might be better priced please? I've only ever used An Post out of sheer blind loyalty.

Thanks for any help! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

an post send all parcels by air, so unless it is super urgent, use a standard delivery service such as dpd, gls or fastway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

VanZan - Would you post how you get on? Have 3 parcels to send in October, one is slightly heaviers than yours.

Thks

TT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

What are the dimensions of the parcel. I need the length and the width only.

I will look something up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Mine will be shoebox sized, 14" x 6" x 4", one about 4 kgs the other 2 about 2 kgs.

TT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

TopTec wrote: »
    Mine will be shoebox sized, 14" x 6" x 4", one about 4 kgs the other 2 about 2 kgs.

TT

Definately look at the other parcel companies. I am a collection point for GLS and my info says that 14 x 6 parcel - which is 51cm (length + depth), costs about 17 euro to the UK. That's with internet tracking and insurance. Weight does not matter as long as its under 30 kg

Look at Gls.ie, they may have a collection point near you.
    Failing that. Check out who else is near you, there are other companies around.

NOTE. I am a Gls collection point, in Dublin, while the poster is in mayo. No accusations of shilling please.

Advertisement