Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD FX-9590 CPU - Dropped from over €850 to ~ €282 (8-Core 4.7GHz BlackEdition)

Options
  • 22-09-2013 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Just got me this AMD CPU. It's gone from a massive €850 or so to just €282 (UK VAT).

It's not back in stock for another 1-3 weeks, but well worth the wait to save a few hundred €s (for that shiny new GTX Titan or 680 :D )

At check-out if delivering to Ireland total with Irish VAT would be £245.99/€291.21 or just €282 delivered to UK/NI or a Parcel motel.

41OEiTMmOmL._SY445_.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

Morf wrote: »

Thanks.
    Though they do seem to each charge delivery (and Irish VAT) as extra. Amazon's is free delivery :)

Incidentally, never heard of "Hardwareversand.de" - any good for delivery times?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Xzen wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Though they do seem to each charge delivery (and Irish VAT) as extra. Amazon's is free delivery :)

Incidentally, never heard of "Hardwareversand.de" - any good for delivery times?

Just pointing out that it isn't on sale, pretty much at retail price.

I'm sure if you searched around you could possibly get it cheaper.

They HWVS charge €19 flat postage. So good for full systems/large items but not for single items.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Xzen wrote: »

Bought a case and PSU off them. Took around a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kaahooters

make sure you have a good mobo before you buy this, if you dont, it will die, in a fire.

just because you have a am3+ board, make sure it can handle the 200w tdp this chip puts out.

edit, 220tdp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

kaahooters wrote: »
    make sure you have a good mobo before you buy this, if you dont, it will die, in a fire.

just because you have a am3+ board, make sure it can handle the 200w tdp this chip puts out.

edit, 220tdp.

Good point. Also probably a good idea to have a proper PSU, 800w and better if you want a good graphics card to go with it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Cheaper Haswell i5's outperform this monstrosity. Not worth the money STILL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, was about to say what Cherryghost said. It's not a bargain, or even an overly good price, based on price to performance. A cheaper i5 kills it in a lot of things, especially games. It's single thread performance is shockingly bad.

Advertisement