Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Struggling with study

Options
  • 21-09-2013 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

So I'm in 6th yr and the **** hasn't hit the fan yet, thank god. I'm aiming for kinda high points because i'm not really sure what i want to do so if i have high points at least i have options. I'd like 520 but my lowest would be 470 I get good results in all my subjects so i feel that this is achievable i was doing honours maths up until september this yr and i decided to drop because it took up so much time and i dont really need it, so i'm only doing 6 honours :/ but it should be fine :)

I'm doing:
    English (H)
    Irish (H)
    French (H)
    Maths (O)
    Economics (H)
    Biology (H)
    Music (H)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Musicis4life13

Still studying Sylvia Plath this year even though she came up last year because my english teacher thinks the department of education are sneaky people :P do i care about the arrival of her bee box NO

Getting up early on a Sunday morning to study is such a sh*t laugh. It has to be done though. :(
    • Plan on doing all the mirco biology chapters and exam questions because we've a test this week on it.
    • I have a music listening assessment this week on 'Un Ball' which we did last year. i left my score at school so i'm just going to have to listen to it a million times and hope she doesn't give us the test on Monday.
    • Studying 'Mo ait chonaithe' for the oral and writing an essay on 'An timpleacht'
    • Then to finish with Sylvia Plath and notes on her poetry then that's her out of the way. If i have enough time I might do an exam question on her maybe from this yr's paper.
    •Then i must revise everything my new maths class has done last year, i hope i'm at a slight advantage after coming from higher level so i'll know the stuff in more depth but then again that could backfire.

Had a hectic week filled with assessments, had a music listening and compostition,an irish oral, 2 french pieces of writting, 2 economics tests that were questions from the exam papers, 4 biology tests that were questions from the exam papers, I've a Sylvia Plath poetry essay to do this weekend and a maths test on monday. Ugh i'm so sick of school. :( Can the leaving cert just be over

Spent all day doing my Sylvia Palth essay. :( i re-wrote it like 6 times, my bin is filled with pages from my refil pad. My teacher better give me a good grade for it.

-Got my Sylvia Plath essay back got a B2 which isn't bad, I'm glad with that. Now I just have to remember it...

-Got the HPV vaccine yesterday my arm is killing me, finding it hard study with it. I'll trek on though..

-Have a Economics test on Thursday and a Biology test on Wednesday so I'm going to have to study for them. FUN!!! (NOT)

-I want to study for Irish because my teacher is just **** and won't teach us because he teaches Ordinary level in every other year and doesn't know how to teach Honours so I'm screwed

• Advertisement

So just spent all of mid-term studying for my earlier than Christmas, Christmas exams.
    They start tomorrow with English first. :'( Just spent all of today learning quotes from Heaney, Plath, Yeats, and Mahon. Every other Honours Englsih class knows they're doing Yeats but our teacher thinks that because we are the highest honours class that we should set and example and learn all of our poets (bar Emily Dickinson because we only did four of her poems)for the Christmas exams. Like we need that extra pressure.
    I cannot wait for tomorrow to come and go, I'm dreading it so much. Then I'll hopefully just plough on through all the others. I'd love to do well in Irish, he said he'd give us an easy paper, but that could be a trick as he could mark it harder, I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

English exam done only 6 more to go..
    Maths and Biology tomorrow that'll be fine.. Can't wait for these exams to be over...

Pass maths is a JOKE!!! Talk about piss easy... Biology was grand too #TooBadItWasn'tTheLeaving

So apparently my music exam go moved to tomorrow so cramming in an Irish music essay along with knowing all the set works. Studying Music is so distracting, when I'm listening to the Beatles all i do is sing along and i can't even bear Dean like how is that possible music? the only good bit it the totentanz, other than that i can't it hurts.... :eek: Hopefully it'll be a nice paper we had a practical as well and I don't think I did that bad.. Thanks Chopin :D

So far these exams are going great. Using the Mid-Term as a study week was the best idea of my life. Everything so far that I've studied has come up... :D feeling good for the rest.. :cool: maybe not Irish but ah well...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

So I'm sitting in the library in school studying for my music exam that is on today and only got told about it yesterday. Learning a harp essay because I know nothing else really should start learning them.. Ah well

Got most of my results from tests back (still waiting on Biology praying for an A2) I'm pretty happy with most of them... I was REALLY disappointed with my Irish results i thought he marked it hard and unfairly... :( and then he was really mean about it. Ah well I still have the mocks so it should be alright. So far so good.. I'm on the right track (upwards) was really happy with my English seeing as I ran out of time and my creative essay was a FLOP! My poetry essay saved me though #ThankGodForYeats :D

FU*KING A1 in biology :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Never been so happy in my life.. There was only 3 of us who got A's I'm proud to say I'm one. Now if only i could achieve that in my leaving. :cool:

So sad we finished the Micro-economics section of our book last week and now we have nothing to look forward to other than all the chapters about the Government :( We're all devastated no more lovely demand curves or marginal cost curves... now it's all about government finances..

Anybody want to do my French oral preparation sheets? I think I've become fluent in Irish all of a sudden... :P #IWish ugh so many questions to answer... On the upside got my document finished it is ****ing A standard banking on it, My teacher said it was 3rd level stuff :D now just to learn it.. #Fun

What is the point in Irish????? Learning Dís has actually hurt my brain. :confused: it was like inception... she lied to the survey woman and the survey woman lied to her??

Being so tired you physically can't do homework, I think I'll just type my whole french essay into Google translate. Be grand :P

UGH.... colours day tomorrow people are actually going to put effort into looking good and I'm going to be there in my fat mans like UGHHHHH!!!!! :(

After typing my whole French essay into Google translate and writing it out (making it look like I thought of it all by myself with scribbles and everything JE PENSE QUE IL Y A MANQUE DE ;) ) but alas now I am done and now have to do an irish comprehension (To examinations. ie to get the marking scheme) In no mood to work tonight.. I'm slacking off so much I really need to get back into studying again..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SquarePeg1

Maybe you're the future of sorting this downward spiral mess out!

It's hard when you're moving on from something you really like, but the trick is to find it in the new topic - what's your angle?? What does it mean in practice......etc etc. Good luck............:)

• Advertisement

Why do teachers feel the need to pile on the homework, the one actual break we have, like after this we have no holidays really and now this one's taken away too. Trying to do homework... not really working out. :(

Finally applied to CAO... :eek: Biomedical science here i come!!!
    On a side note still no homework done.. one day left... cutting it fine.

Advertisement