Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circulation pump

Options
  • 21-09-2013 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, just hoping someone can give a piece of advice.

Last month we got a new heating system installed (ie gun barrel replaced, system zoned and new rads). We didnt get a new boiler installed as our
    old one was perfect. Everything is working great except the circulation pump is on all the time. It gets quite hot as a result. It's on even when there is no heat on or water being heated.

I am starting to think that the pump should only be on when we are using heat or heating water. Is it wired incorrectly?

Thanks in advance for any advice:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

What boiler have you got

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Aoibheann79

It's a Baxi. At the time the plumber said that a new boiler would be more efficient but that the one that was there should do for another few years, all going well of course.

I've had this problem a few times with baxi solos , the only way to resolve it is to replace the pcb

Sorry, I'm a novice:o what is pcb?

Printed circuit board , it's the brains of the boiler , only a registerd gas installer ( rgi ) can replace it

• Advertisement

So the problem is the boiler, not the wiring? Could I leave it alone or would it wear out the circulation pump?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Sorry, I'm a novice:o what is pcb?
    printed circuit board its the brains of the boiler.
    seen them fail so often with baxi solo boilers unfortunately a new one will set you back around 250 euro plus labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

sullzz wrote: »
    Printed circuit board , it's the brains of the boiler , only a registerd gas installer ( rgi ) can replace it
    someone is quick around here.

So the problem is the boiler, not the wiring? Could I leave it alone or would it wear out the circulation pump?

If it's always been like this mabey get an rgi to check it over and rule out the wiring , but I'd put my money on it being the pcb being faulty

someone is quick around here.

Great minds and all that

• Advertisement

unfortunately a new one will set you back around 250 euro plus labour.

Oh well, not great news but thanks for the advice. I really appreciate the responses. Need to start saving again....

Advertisement