Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Gas Stoves eg Stanley Gas Stoves

Options
  • 21-09-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

We are thinking of replacing an open fire in our sitting room. We want a traditional looking stove but thinking gas might be a better option.

Two questions:
    1. Are they nice, nice to look at, do they look real or fake? Stanley seem to do 1 or 2 in their range.

2. Are they expensive and in general how much are stoves to install.

Thanks for any tips or advice.
    P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭paulocon2

PeadarC wrote: »
    We are thinking of replacing an open fire in our sitting room. We want a traditional looking stove but thinking gas might be a better option.

Two questions:
    1. Are they nice, nice to look at, do they look real or fake? Stanley seem to do 1 or 2 in their range.

2. Are they expensive and in general how much are stoves to install.

Thanks for any tips or advice.
    P

Was just looking at Stoves today. Stanley have quite a large range and the prices start at around 450 and go up depending on size of stove. The enamel models look very well but I've head they can crack if the fire is overloaded.

I'd also be interested in hearing the installation costs. We are looking to heat 2 rooms (average size) and were told that the entry model (Oisin) would be sufficient. Not sure if there is any advantage of going for one of the bigger models such as the Aoife or Oscar...

Edit: Ignore my answer, original question was in relation to gas stoves..

Advertisement