Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Efibre and Netgear Powerline Adaptors

Options
  • 21-09-2013 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

I got efibre installed last Wednesday and the initial wired test was 39mb Download and 9mb upload (would be happy with that). However I had nothing but dropping on the Wifi and the netgear powerline adaptors (which were working perfecting fine up to Wed) are not working as they should.

1. If I connect a cable from my laptop to the router, it works fine.

2. Wifi downstairs is intermittent (router is in attic).

3. My Adaptors are not finding/passing through any internet, even though it appears the green flashing light is flickering away.

Could it be a setting issue ?

I have 2 x XAV2001, 1 x XAV2101 and 1 x XAVN2001

They were working fine up to Wednesday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

Mumha wrote: »
    I got efibre installed last Wednesday and the initial wired test was 39mb Download and 9mb upload (would be happy with that). However I had nothing but dropping on the Wifi and the netgear powerline adaptors (which were working perfecting fine up to Wed) are not working as they should.

1. If I connect a cable from my laptop to the router, it works fine.

2. Wifi downstairs is intermittent (router is in attic).

3. My Adaptors are not finding/passing through any internet, even though it appears the green flashing light is flickering away.

Could it be a setting issue ?

I have 2 x XAV2001, 1 x XAV2101 and 1 x XAVN2001

They were working fine up to Wednesday.

dropping wifi means log onto the modem and and take the wifi channel off Auto and set the wifi channel on the best channel to suit your house.

use InSSider to scan your house for the least used channel as this will be the best channel to use

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

dropping wifi means log onto the modem and and take the wifi channel off Auto and set the wifi channel on the best channel to suit your house.

use InSSider to scan your house for the least used channel as this will be the best channel to use

Thanks, I'll check that.

On the powerline issue, I've unplugged all of them, turned the F1000 off and on again, in sequence, and I'm still getting nothing coming through the Ethernet. One of them connects to a technomate 500, so I can see what the IP should be on the tv screen, and all it says is that there is no internet connect. It uses Port 80. Would there be a setting on the F1000 blocking access ?

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

did you try pairing the home plugs first

bring both of them into the same room... plug them in side bside and click the pair buttons.

then try moving one plug to it's desired location.

also home plugs must be on the same power circuit in order to work

if the one narrow trip switch in the fuse box turns off both power sockets then its good

if there is 2 narrow trip switches that for example one turns off power sockets downstairs and another turns off power sockets upstairs then your fecked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

did you try pairing the home plugs first

bring both of them into the same room... plug them in side bside and click the pair buttons.

then try moving one plug to it's desired location.

also home plugs must be on the same power circuit in order to work

if the one narrow trip switch in the fuse box turns off both power sockets then its good

if there is 2 narrow trip switches that for example one turns off power sockets downstairs and another turns off power sockets upstairs then your fecked

Thanks, I'll go through them again. they were all working perfectly fine, up to last Wednesday.

Advertisement