Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there consensus? solar,oil and stove

Options
  • 21-09-2013 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I have read so many different opinions and posts but i am still trying to find a consensus on mixing solar oil and a stove. I am in the planning stage of two story 2000 sqft house, plain gable roof, square footprint with a south facing garden. Is there there a definite right way to mix oil stove and solar heating, the house will be up to current part l insulation with a concrete first floor, and trickle vents no MHRV. I was going to use an esse centraliser or other device until I recently read about thermal stores which appear on paper to be the bees kness. Could anybody there give me the benefit of their knowledge , experience or mistakes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭dathi

you will find it extremely difficult to pass part L with oil heating without mhrv ventilation have you had the house design modeled in the deap software ?because just taking the backstop insulation levels out of part L on there own will not allow you to pass part L.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 wastewater

Nope, afraid i am going to get lost( and sidetracked) in part l calculations, still in drawing plan on back of a cigarette packet stage ,no hope for oil heating plus woodburning stove without mhvr? I was inclined to MHVR until i spoke to a cousin who had it but whose family could not get out of the culture of opening windows and leaving doors open

Advertisement