Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

direct debit leaving too early

Options
  • 21-09-2013 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

So I have money transfer set up from RaboDirect to move 100e every week on FRIDAY to my saving account in RaboDirect.

It was leaving every friday ok, but this week it was THURSDAY. Since I get my wages on Friday, it resulted in unauthorized overdraft and

REFERRAL CHARGE 5.15

Also it doesn't look good on my statement that I was -100e.

Is it rabodirect fault or AIB (my current account) ?

I'm pretty angry, not because 5e, but because I don't feel it's my fault that I was in overdraft.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Is there a requirement for the cash to be in the destination account by such a date?

If there is set date for the cash to be there, the day it leaves your account may change due to weekends or bank holidays.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

198321 wrote: »
    So I have money transfer set up from RaboDirect to move 100e every week on FRIDAY to my saving account in RaboDirect.

It was leaving every friday ok, but this week it was THURSDAY. Since I get my wages on Friday, it resulted in unauthorized overdraft and

REFERRAL CHARGE 5.15

Also it doesn't look good on my statement that I was -100e.

Is it rabodirect fault or AIB (my current account) ?

I'm pretty angry, not because 5e, but because I don't feel it's my fault that I was in overdraft.

it sounds like RaboDirect applied for the DD early. Although a DD wouldn't usually be the same day of the week every week, DD's tend to vary in dates/days, whereas a Standing Order would have a set day or date. I have a SO set up for a payment to come out every Friday, which it does, but a DD doesn't tend to work the same way. I would say you should ask Rabo as to why they took it earlier than requested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

On my statement in AIB it shows as D/D but in rabo it is called money mover or something like that and I set it up to 'move' money every friday.

I wrote very ugly email to Rabo ..

the issue isn't 5e (although I still want that back, but not from AIB, I guess they've done nothing wrong) , but I wonder if my credit rating going to be affected or maybe if I apply for loan from AIB they gonna see that at one stage my account was in -100e ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Cancel it and set up as a standing order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Op I would follow this up with both banks as it could affect your credit rating if you were to apply for a loans. Also AIB made a nice €5.15 out of you. Can you check your Rabo account online to see if the funds were lodged in your account on the Thurs or the Fri.

• Advertisement

Thanks for help everybody.

In my rabo account it says :

19-09-2013 Aggregate to credit by batch Miscellaneous debtors 100.00

So it went on Thursday

If I view my regular transfers to my account this is what I see:

Additional data
    Frequency :
    Weekly
    First payment date :
    07-06-2013 (this is Friday)
    Payments to end by :
    26-06-2015

AND

Quick view on payment dates
    17 Friday 27-09-2013
    18 Friday 04-10-2013
    19 Friday 11-10-2013
    20 Friday 18-10-2013

and it goes like that to number 56, all Friday ..

Got reply from Rabo, pretty much copy of FAQ on their website .. will move my savings to different bank ..

Advertisement