Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank ufirst Lifestyle Manager

Options
  • 20-09-2013 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has availed of the ufirst lifestyle manager feature. It advertises to do pretty much anything you want but just wondering what sort of things people have used this for and how has the service been.
    Our lifestyle manager service can help you with all kinds of things, such as:

Getting your hands on theatre tickets that are difficult to source or booking a table at a top restaurant anywhere in the world.
    Recommending and securing a special gift for any occasion – gift-wrapped if you need it.
    Planning a special event such as a birthday, anniversary dinner or even a wedding.
    Sourcing qualified tradesmen to work in your home.
    Booking an executive car or getting you in contact with the right people when you’ve lost your car keys.
    This service can help you find a solution when you don’t know where to start.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Where did you hear about them and why did you choose to post your query as your first post in two months and in a forum that seems to be completely inappropriate given that they don't offer any financial services?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Kaskade

coylemj wrote: »
    Where did you hear about them and why did you choose to post your query as your first post in two months and in a forum that seems to be completely inappropriate given that they don't offer any financial services?

The reason I posted in banking is because this is a feature of the already mentioned UFirst.The Ulster BANK account. When I searched the forum to do my research prior to posting all posts referencing UFirst were in this forum.

The fact that you asked where I heard about it must mean you know nothing about ulster bank accounts yet you felt like you had the right to scold me. Have you really that little to do that you had time to look at my profile and find out when I last posted? While you were in there you might have noticed that I have been a boards member for 10.5 years (3.5 years more than you!) and part of the reason I don't post more is because I have witnessed far too many posts similar to yours from people who seem to think they own the site. There is no need for the attitude and the smart remarks. This is supposed to be a community. I'm used to seeing these sort of rude replies and it's water off a ducks back at this stage but great way to scare away new members if they post something in the wrong place or if it's the right place but you think you know better.

Keep up the good work!

Now back to the original question, I would love to hear ant experience people have using the Lifestyle Manager feature of the UFirst bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Kaskade wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody has availed of the ufirst lifestyle manager feature. It advertises to do pretty much anything you want but just wondering what sort of things people have used this for and how has the service been.

Sounds like a commission based service (Ulster get the commission) where they find things or sort things that you could do yourself for cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The reason I posted in banking is because this is a feature of the already mentioned UFirst.The Ulster BANK account. When I searched the forum to do my research prior to posting all posts referencing UFirst were in this forum.

Please accept my apologies, however it would have been useful for the benefit of people who do not have Ulster Bank accounts if you had highlighted the fact that it is a servce offered by that bank.

Go back and read your first post, how do you think it looks to someone who banks with AIB, BOI, PTSB etc. and has never heard of 'ufirst'?

coylemj wrote: »
    Please accept my apologies, however it would have been useful for the benefit of people who do not have Ulster Bank accounts if you had highlighted the fact that it is a servce offered by that bank.

Go back and read your first post, how do you think it looks to someone who banks with AIB, BOI, PTSB etc. and has never heard of 'ufirst'?

If you don't know what a UFirst account is then you wouldn't be able to answer the question anyway.

Apology accepted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I've used it tons of times.

Free mobile phone insurance. Never claimed but handy to have.

Cheap concert tickets. Have not used it recently. I think it's changed since then. Used to have to wait 24hrs but I think it's done via ticket masters site which is handier. Saved over €150 on 3 EP tickets one year.

Now, the travel thing. You really need to not be a last min thing. They can take up to 48hrs to confirm a booking. I found that doing the research online first, flight, hotels etc first and then giving them that info gets the best quote. It's defo cheaper. Last time I used it on a Monday for a trip on the Friday, did not get the confirmation till the Wednesday but saved €75 euro on a two night stay in Kilarney.

That's my experience of it. It's not bad but the travel thing could be quicker.

Thanks unclebill98,

I have used the mobile phone, travel insurance and concert ticket discount. But I am specifically looking for info on the "lifestyle manager" concierge type service. Have you ever used that. They claim that they will plan your wedding!!! For Free???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Thanks unclebill98,

I have used the mobile phone, travel insurance and concert ticket discount. But I am specifically looking for info on the "lifestyle manager" concierge type service. Have you ever used that. They claim that they will plan your wedding!!! For Free???

Is that part of their private banking service? i.e. not for all u1st customers!

TBH do you trust a bank to plan your wedding? :P

Is that part of their private banking service? i.e. not for all u1st customers!

TBH do you trust a bank to plan your wedding? :P

No it's for all UFirst customers! Thankfully I'm all ready married but just wondering if anybody has found a good use for this

Advertisement