Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classical / spanish guiter lessons needed

• 20-09-2013 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi I am looking for lessons as above.
    I have previous experience, I have played classical guitar with many orchestras. I have played in Spanish guitar trios but all 10-15 years ago and haven't touched the guitar since.

I have just dusted off the cob webs and am now ready to take it up again.

I am looking for evening lessons in the Palmerstown / Lucan / Ballyfermott / anywhere close enough to Dublin 20 ish area.
    I will have to be taken as a beginner and start from the bottom all over again as I cannot remember fully how to read music, but will hopefully pick it up quick enough.

Please PM or reply here if you teach in the area I am looking!

Thanks a mil
    Cian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭buzz

sorry if I posted this in wrong section:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

I see you haven't had any replies. Doesn't surprise me.
    I tried last year for a friend and I couldn't find anything anywhere in dublin for classical guitar. I think one has to go to the Conservatory or whatever, or outside the country or youtube!:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Doesn't need to be a conservatory - I know a few music schools who teach classical guitar. It's one of those things that you really need to go looking for though, rather than waiting for someone else to contact you.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

That's us told!
    Must try harder

• Registered Users Posts: 11,735 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I teach classical guitar, including home visits. The only reason i didn't reply is that I live in Dublin 16, nowhere near the OP.

The Leinster School of Music used to do classical guitar lessons on a Saturday. If it still does and you don't mind a trip into town, maybe that would be of use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,735 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

This post in the Music Teachers sticky at the top of the Classical forum might interest you too.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86384437&postcount=415

There are also posts from other guitar teachers in that thread. It's a very long thread though.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

There are certainly people teaching classical guitar in Dublin - a quick search for 'classical guitar Dublin' turned up the following among the first few results:

www.thedublinschoolofguitar.com
    www.dublinguitarlessons.com
    www.angelguitar.net
    www.guitarlessonsdublin.net/guitar-lessons/classical-guitar

You could also try looking at the noticeboards in music shops. I was in McCullough Pigott a few weeks ago and I'm sure there were a few ads there for classical guitar teachers. I don't know the geography of Dublin very well, but there is a Booterstown Guitar Circle that meets once a month, which may be of interest.

You should definitely check out delcamp.net, which is a great forum with many members all over the world who share their knowledge about classical guitar, plus there are free scores and free online lessons. You might well be able to find a teacher in Dublin by asking there. Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ann Grey53

Try the Aras Chronain in clondalkin village. They do music Irish Traditional of all kinds and all instruments. its an Irish club there about 25 years now. They do Lessons on a Thursday and Friday night. I took fiddle lessons there a few years back was fantastic experience. Google it and it should come up. Best of luck.

Advertisement