Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice gesture from Airfix

Options
  • 20-09-2013 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭

6029_big_1267135357.jpg

My son received a gift of this model for his 8th birthday last week.
    I got the job of putting it together, something I haven't done in over 25 years. :D
    Unfortunatley the body of the car was squashed and deformed in the box. Not a problem I thought ,its a cheap kit and I can practice on it until I pick up another, but I sent an email to Airfix spares dept about the availability of just getting a body shell.

I received one this morning with their compliments.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

A lot of model companies could learn a lot from Airfix. Have got a few bits from Airfix after there was something wrong with a part.

I even got a new windscreen for a 307 rally model after i ruined it myself. Told them id pay for replacement but they wouldnt accept payment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

In fairness Airfix have great customer service and they try help wherever possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

I was surprised at their efficiency only last week. Currently building the Airfix 4 stroke engine kit and I managed to lose the con-rod. I emailed Airfix and they sent on the replacement within 4or5 days.
    They gave me an invoice for £3 stg. I contacted them by phone and paid with the credit card. Can't imagine they had much profit from that.
    Excellent service.

Advertisement