Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Items stolen in transit-Amazon

Options
  • 20-09-2013 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

So today I had delivery of two boxes one of which has had two items removed from their packaging within the Amazon box.
    The underside of the outer packaging is cut cleanly and resealed at the edges with clear tape.

The parcel was signed for when it was delivered. I'm going to report it to an post and amazon.fr, Given that it's signed for I'm kind of screwed though right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭teddyhead

Sounds peculiar.Im also in Limerick and have had two packages 'disappear' in recent weeks. I believe it is up to the sender to file a complaint and the intended recipient has little or no comeback. The fact you signed for it wont help. Im bypassing the post office and going straight to the gards. An post are a little to slow and casual when it comes to investigating this kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Alltherage wrote: »
    So today I had delivery of two boxes one of which has had two items removed from their packaging within the Amazon box.
    The underside of the outer packaging is cut cleanly and resealed at the edges with clear tape.

The parcel was signed for when it was delivered. I'm going to report it to an post and amazon.fr, Given that it's signed for I'm kind of screwed though right?

Keep cool and report it . You are covered for theft by your credit card company if you report it within one month. ( We all sign for packages without opening them )
    If it was taped over like you say then there is some scumbag in the delivery chain of command. I know An Post do take these things seriously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 TimWigan

report it to amazon if possible take a snap of the packing that had tape. As "recipio" said you are covered for theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Alltherage

Amazon have gotten back to me and will cover me and reissue the order. Great care will be taken before signing for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,407 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i have yet to sign for an amazon package yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement