Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election posters causing danger to pedestrians

Options
  • 20-09-2013 6:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what the law says on the distance election/vote posters have to be from the ground? I remember something about x metres above the footpath but I can't find the relevant legislation, I think it was specific to electoral material.
    And yes I will complain the local authority after I find out.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

snubbleste wrote: »
    Anyone know what the law says on the distance election/vote posters have to be from the ground? I remember something about x metres above the footpath but I can't find the relevant legislation, I think it was specific to electoral material.
    And yes I will complain the local authority after I find out.

Ask the local authority?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

It is something I find very frustrating about election posters - especially when they are ripped down and the plastic tie left on the pole - once on got whipped above the eye as i cycled on a cycle lane by a plastic tie left there apparently by the council when they removed the poster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

petronius wrote: »
    It is something I find very frustrating about election posters - especially when they are ripped down and the plastic tie left on the pole - once on got whipped above the eye as i cycled on a cycle lane by a plastic tie left there apparently by the council when they removed the poster

sue the offending political party who put it there. im not litigious but i hate those posters, ugly, dangerous and a sad state of political campaigning

Advertisement