Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with focsurite 2i4, help!!

Options
  • 20-09-2013 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

hey guys
    I recently purchased the scarlett 2i4 usb audio interface however when I plug a mic (mxl990) into it I am getting no sound and the gain lights on it don't light up ( which they are meant to). I have tried it with 2 separate mics and 2 different leads just to make sure it wasn't a mic or lead problem and still no sound. the interface is powered as the usb power light is on and the 48v button (which I have turned on as mic requires it) when pushed also lights up. In my DAW (reaper) I have set the focsurite 2i4 for recording and playback ( it is also getting no signal)
    i am not sure if I am missing something but I have reinstalled the drivers and watched the tutorial on how to set it up and I am still receiving no microphone signal so I am wondering if the problem is internal to the focsurite or am I missing something. if anyone knows what the problem may be ( or what I am doing wrong) please let me know as am at a total loss atm
    thanks for your time

Comments

Advertisement