Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Litre Garden Composter with Liner - €9.79 [Argos]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

A tenner for 2 buckets. Way overpriced at amazon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

We made our large composter out of old unstained wooden pallets.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You can also collect up fallen dead leves from trees and hedgerows to make lovely leaf mold.

Fantastic for around the garden and also for growing veg too.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

Also save me having three bins in the kitchen.
    You do realise this is for your kitchen don't you -look at the dimensions... Size H23, W25, D25cm. Its designed to keep your kitchen scraps in before you transfer them to your garden composter.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That is not a garden composter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

In the spirit of recycling, i cut a flap in the top of 2 or 3 litre milk cartons and use those as a temporary kitchen recycling bins for peels, teabags and such. Not the prettiest, but not much about composting is pretty.

A tip maybe more for the soon to be Frugality forum, but also a solid bargain at 0cents...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

we've had this since the start of the summer.
    Its very nice looking. It has an airtight lid which means we dont get any smells and the internal plastic bucket means that its easy to keep clean and remove + the bucket wont rust. Great product, although you do need a compost bin in the garden to empty the scraps into!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Hi,

Thanks for that,

Just moved into a new house and DH wants to bring the old mouldy one he has had since Noah built the ark and I have been trying to put him off - this will keep us both happy!

Happy days - just reserved one as I had been drooling over them before,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

what a deal - i love mine - so if you got left out last time - now's the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I love how in small print it says that it was already on sale for €6,99 meaning the nearly €20 they are quoting is BS.

• Advertisement
Advertisement