Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage advise

Options
  • 20-09-2013 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am new to this site so hope I am doing this correctly, I am looking for advise around obtaining a mortgage,
    My partner and I are looking to obtain a mortgage, we have no death and a good credit history.
    We have 40,000 savings and are looking for a mortgage of around 400,000 euro. The house value is 800,000 (involves inheritance)

I am looking for advise on two things:
    1: Should we go through a broker or directly to the lender
    2: Can you suggest any brokers or lenders

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Op you are looking for advice on (1) should you go to a broker or directly to a lender - by going through a broker you have the following advantages : A good broker will have access to all the major lenders and will be familiar with their credit criteria ,lending policies and interest rates so can advise you who you qualify with or indeed rather than be turned down by a lender can prepare you to qualify for a mortgage.

In answer to your second question : Can you suggest any brokers or lenders : The lenders who are lending are : AIB, Bank of Ireland, KBC, Permanent TSB. As regards brokers : If you google Mortgage Brokers you should find a broker in your area or indeed if you read through posts here there are recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

I Should also have mentioned Ulster Bank above as a lender.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 0007redevil

Thanks for the advise, any other comments are welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Send Killers1 over on the Accommodation and Property Forum a PM. He is a broker and is absolutely fantastic to deal with. He is Dublin based, I am in Clare and we did everything via email and the phone. He made the whole process really smooth and easy.

Advertisement