Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Size of combi boiler?

Options
  • 20-09-2013 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Excuse my ignorance regarding this topic. I want to heat a very small renovated 1 bedrm cottage and provide hot water. Interested in a used combi oil fired boiler. I found a used one but it is for a large house, 45kw. Will it be inefficient for my purpose?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

45kw is huge. You sure thats right.

That's commercial size.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dennymul

Yes, it is available at a very reasonable price. I have an adjoining shed to put it into but I dont what something that is inefficient.

Thanks for your reply Shane0007, the boiler is a Geminox Megalithe 45s and is apparently 5 years old. The seller claims he heated a large house with 22 rads and kept a warm house because of young children. He claims it use about 1000 lts of oil per year. Boiler ran about 4 hrs a day during the coldest part of year. Heated water in the summer for only about 15mins per day.

Thanks again Shane0007, I was worried about short cycling and inefficiency, I will look elsewhere. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭jimf

slightly off topic what are the general views on combi boilers outside of efficiency

• Advertisement
Advertisement